Holy crap on a cracker it’s May! We’re 5 months into the year and it’s also 5 months until I enter my book in a competition but I still feel like I’m a good progress so hooray! It won’t be too long now before I take my poor book and give it to some friends to read to see if it actually makes sense.
But today I received something that is going to be part of a new blog project:
I plan on doing a Julie/Julia type thing except with Edmonds cookbooks. Edmonds cookbooks are basically the cookery bible in New Zealand, it’s always on the top 100 in book lists and most homes have one version or another, one of my friends has several versions – the microwave version, edmonds for flatters, general edmonds…
So I’m going to cook/bake things from the old book and make a version from either the newer book or make my own new version.
I also have another idea for a blog project type thing but I’m not sure – hence the poll.
I suffer from insomnia – not the kind where you don’t sleep at all, the type where you get to sleep ok but wake up several times a night, stair at the ceiling at 2am type of insomnia. This isn’t because I have a guilty conscience or because I’m stressed, worried or have a nervous disposition.
Now partly because of this, partly because I have an over active imagination and partly because my subconscious is a really weird place I have really odd dreams on a pretty regular basis.
In the last week or so I’ve had dreams about the following:
- Being in a weird fake dating show where they matched a group of misogynists with a group of women – they expected bikini clad babes (of which there was one) and the rest were normal woman – I got progressively angrier and my vocab more extensive.
- that Prince Philip had 15 illegitimate kids to the same woman
- that a facebook friend couldn’t deny her love for crack anymore and was leaving her husband and life to devote herself to crack
- Stephen Moffat (executive producer of Dr Who) created a special race of short people so I could be in Doctor Who – I got to meet the cast
- Dr House cured me of a mystery illness (my mum thought I had Mad Cow or Small pox – it would be just my luck to get an irradiated disease) turns out it was a neurological condition which was also the reason behind my insomnia.
So as I said – my subconscious is a weird weird place.
So my question – would my weird arse dreams be a mildly amusing thing to read or completely self absorbed nonsense – your call.